Monday, September 17, 2012

01.10 : Prosperity comes when you practice restriction.

L'Shanah Tovah friends!

Today is Rosh Hashanah and if you know me well, I look forward to the Jewish New Year every year.  For me, it is a time of reflection and renewal.

I have been doing alot of thinking about the last six months of my life and career.  In six months time, I have opened a business and detoxified my life in terms of associates, friends, clients and "internet" relations that do not serve me any more.  I am not saying this to be selfish, but more so, to let you know that my life is fuller than it has been even with gaps in my schedule, nights alone, and not posting my WHOLE life on Facebook and Twitter.

I took today off from the salon and have been in my robe all day and in Andrew Christian underwear looking at my weblife, salonlife and personal life.  I am very happy with the stats on both blogs and the YouTube channel and am happy to say that they will continue being part of my journey for now.  "Rockstar Slums" is my beauty blog and is doing exceptional! We have the highest demographics in the US, Germany and Russia.  Most of the fashionistas that love that blog access it from iPhones, iPads and Macs and use Safari or Safari Mobile.  This very blog has a high readership weekly and again the US, Germany and Russia are my highest demographics, but most people access me from Google Chrome and Droid operating systems.  Crazy, how big brothery the Studio JRy Creative Department is getting, isn't it?

With Rosh Hashanah being today, I have thought about my priorities. Its very clear that my worklife is my life's purpose and my priority.  Building my brand in education is key! Diane Von Furstenberg told Rachel Zoe a few years ago, "when you learn, share." 

I am in that mode lately.  Business peers, my intership program and Joico are all on deck to see what Josh Cooley and Rockstars and Lambs Ltd can bring them. My goal is to create an education network that betters stylists and the clients that LOVE their stylists. My Studio JRy Creative brand is part of this through the use of this blog, the youtube channel and writing "Living Fabulously". As you can see, it's not all about the hair for me, it's about the betterment (is that a word) of people on the inside and helping them become in-tune with their authentic selves. 

In the year 5773 (Jewish year) or for you 2012-2013, I want to travel more, share more and love more.  Those are my three goals. In order to do all three, I have undergone a financial restructuring of Rockstars and Lambs Ltd.  This does not mean ANYthing bad.  It means, I'm taking control of inventory, money that goes out and controlling HOW money comes into the business and is taxed appropriately and paid out appropriately. For this reason, the hours in the salon are going to change slightly.

I am busiest on Tuesdays and Saturdays. Fridays are wondeful as well, Mondays have a 7/8 chance of being canceled on, so I have decided to only be open two Mondays a month 1-6. Once a month, we will close early on Wednesdays at 3pm as Wednesday evening is NOT very busy in my studio. When the demand comes for more times, we will open those back up in about 4-6 months.  

For a private atelier owner like me, NOT running the lights or water while we are not with clients is financially responsible. In 5773 (2012-2013), I want to make better choices financially.  In order to share, I must have.  In order to have, I cannot waste.

Here's to a prosperous and restrictive new view of my life and business in the new year,
Josh

Visit my fashion and beauty blog: http://rockstarslums.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment