Wednesday, September 12, 2012

01.09 : My Saturn Return and Rosh Hashanah

Good morning Rockstars + Lambs! 

It is 7:30 on a rather cool September morning in SoCo. I am contemplating what fall fashion I will be presenting to the world on my morning walk to work in about an hour or so.  Sipping coffee, going over fashion week coverage and really taking time to reflect on past events this year in my life.

As some of you may know, Rosh Hashanah is on Monday this coming week and I am a huge participant in the High Holy Days. For me, you DON'T need to be Jewish or study Kabbalah, it's a time of renewal, a time of celebration, a time of reflection on the year past and looking forward to the year approaching and seeing what we can change in our nature and core.  The very source that drives us is not our spirituality, but our energy in this world.  Like it or not, we are ALL made of the same stuff.  Matter is matter.  Rosh Hashanah reminds me of the Creator's intention for us when he created the world millenia ago. That may be deep for some, but that is how I see this time of the year.

So, as part of my "restructure" in my life, I took time (read last blog 01.08) to re-evaluate my mission with the salon, my life and my goals.  My birthday was a couple of weeks ago and I officially hit my Saturn Return.  If you're someone that studies the cosmos and astrology, you'll understand that every 28 years, Saturn ends up in the same spot it was in when YOU were born.  So, 28, 56, 84 (if you live that long). We start to look at those as milestone moments before big ages like 30, 60 and well, the afterlife. LOL.  

I have put myself on a serious debt diet and cash diet.  It has been a welcomed adjustment.  Not going out every night or every other night, cooking at home like a Food Network chef and even taking pleasure in doing my own laundry and chores.  I know, I know that sounds petty, but truly someone busy like me finds chores and daily life annoying, but when I changed my perspective and looked at the "blessing" in it, I realized... life's not too bad being mellow.

Part of the new renewed Rosh Hashanah view of my life and Saturn-look at my life has been letting go of my friends.  NOT LIKE THAT!  What I mean is, letting them go on and be who THEY need to be AND having other friendships and moving on into their own echelons. One of my dearest friends has been on my brain lately and I have had to understand deep down that the intimacy I share in words exchanged and times together are simply that, nothing more.  My search in life for a partner and my intimacy with this friend have skewed my vision of who he really is: a young man discovering himself.  I've already discovered who I was years ago.  I find it fair to say that I have had to make peace with that the fact that I am not "partner material" at this time in my life.  I am not someone's boyfriend or even close to someone's husband. 

Not only has this situation been on my mind, but ALL my friends have been on my mind, I have come to the conclusion that I do not trust easily and that I have, in actuality, a SMALL group of "friends", everyone else is an acquaintance.  What a blessing to be known and appreciated, but what a loss for many. I personally do not TRUST people.  I have had a hard time letting my guard down and when I do, I feel used and taken advantage of.  So moving on into the future, I will not be indebting so much on my friends, rather... meditating, praying, fasting and reading.  

I'm sure I'll have my occasional sloshed drunk moment still, though. (lol)

Fashion week this year has been a blitz of luxury if you've noticed and as Rosh Hashanah begins and Fashion week ends, I have realized, I have lived a lifetime of fashion weeks in my own right.  As a friend, as a businessman and as a thinker. I have begun and ended, returned from Saturn and released all my earthly connections of ANY obligation to me or any expectations I have of them.  As solemn as that sounds, it's very gratifying.

Think about it... I have put the universe and my energy into control.  No person can give me what the universe or the Creator has.

Words of advice from my favorite stylist/designer Rachel Zoe: "pick what it is you love and then the success will come..."

hearts,
jry

No comments:

Post a Comment