Wednesday, October 31, 2012

02.01: Don't Drink The Poison.. not even from a friend!

Good evening Rockstars + Lambs!

Tonight, I'm sitting at the laptop sipping a luke-warm cup of Godiva coffee and updating my online life.  I've taken the past 12 days to break from this blog and begin a new thought process.  I find it so appropriate because of the fact that I am starting a brand new chapter of my life.

Since my last blog, I received the OFFICIAL phone call that I will be working for the haircare company, Joico.  Til that point, we had been courting each other with the idea of bringing me on as an educator for the brand.  It is official now and we will start work together in January 2013. 

In the meantime, we are kicking off holiday season at Rockstars + Lambs.  We have alot of really cool deals coming up in our retail and lots of fun has been had planning Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's and then come January 4th, I'm flying to Napa! 

We are also working on a bringing a toy drive to the salon.  Starting the week BEFORE Thanksgiving, we will start taking donations for the Pueblo County Department of Social Services.  All donated items will be distributed to high-risk families and families in Pueblo County that are in an impoverished state. I really feel that even though my investments have all been tied-up with Rockstars + Lambs that my holiday season should not BE ABOUT ME or PRESENTS.  My family is aware of this and I am going to focus on GIVING to others.  My family is very blessed.  We all have fabulous homes, own our own businesses and can pretty much make things happen VERY FAST when we want something taken care of.  With that said, I am not focusing on materialistic items for Christmas, I just want to give.

The holiday season means alot to me because of the fact that this used to be a time of sharing and experiences shared with my extended family.  As the years have gone by, my family has moved away or lost interest and instead of looking at celebrating with just the "four of us"... I'm going to turn the frown upside down and involve my clientele and friends in giving to those that just don't have as much.  

In the past few weeks, I have probably only seen my group of friends a handful of times.  As I announced the fact that I was working on my book, a possible radio show/podcast and getting ready to tour with Joico, I noticed the criticism coming in from a large majority of my friends.  I can count compliments or congrats on one hand.  That's it.  

When I talked about my book, my friends shrugged, "when do you have time to work on that and IS IT expensive?" 

-I'll worry about that.  thank you.

When I talked about a podcast/radio show, I had a very jealous friend say, "that pisses me off". He had found out that I was negotiating a wage and contract agreement for the show.  Honestly, how do you expect me to pay an engineer and producer plus pay for my time as a radio personality?  

-nothing is ever personal, it's business to me.

When I announced my partnering with Joico, I had dead silence for days from my friends.  My clients were happy. Some concerned, "are you leaving for good?"

-Nope.

For me, the clear stain of jealously and envy on people's faces and actions have REALLY ignited my Garbo-ways.  Staying clear of their negativity is all I do.  I had a client critique the salon the other day and she made a comment to her friend that was with her and they just laughed and made fun of an element of the salon.  I simply didn't acknowledge their catty malice and went on with the session.  What I have found is that NOT ACKNOWLEDGING criticism allows someone to feel their own stupidity in their words they project. 

If you want to say something half-assed, fucked up or critical, swallow your own poison, bitches! I'm not Snow White and that ain't NO APPLE you're serving up!

I was invited to alot of Halloween parties this year and for those of you that know me well, you know damn well I do not celebrate Halloween.  For someone to REPEATEDLY invite me over and over again is offensive.  I've explained myself in the past.  I do not believe that Halloween has any spiritual significance or life lesson attached to it to even validate it. So, I stayed in, put my jammies on and watched old 80s reruns.  That's fun to me!

My time has been spent with my two favorite individuals and actually I've really enjoyed getting to talk to my sister these past few months!  She has lost 30 lbs, is in great shape and is beginning training to become a personal trainer.  I'm proud of her!  When someone sent her a shitty remark on Facebook, she called me and said, "what should I say to that?"

I said, "delete the bitch! Don't swallow their poison, baby sister."

You know what?  She did it and it worked.  She also did what I have been doing and has not even responded to some nay-sayers.  LET THE HATER SWALLOW THE POISON!

If there is any advice I can give you all reading this is to #1: do not accept a malicious comment from ANYONE ESPECIALLY a friend and #2: do not allow your friends to peer-pressure you into a box... you know what that's called? BULLYING!

In the grand scheme of things, I do love my friends, however, I do feel as though a great deal of them have acted inappropriately or have made me feel shunned.  I simply won't have it.  No poison for me.

In the meantime, I'm starting a juice/sushi diet and buying new clothes for Napa!  It's time to tone-up! Get in tour shape.  The Rockstar Stylist is back!  This time... things are gonna change.  I don't want one ounce of negativity.

My grandpa Gerry said it best, "if you don't have anything nice to say, keep your damn mouth shut!" 

Remember, lambs... don't drink the poison.  Not even from a friend.
Josh

Tweet me @studiojry
Visit my lifestyle/beauty blog rockstarslums.blogspot.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment